Hello, I’m glad to see you on my site!
My name is Alexander Smirnov, I specialize in the field of 3d animation for the games, commercials and media. I also specialize in 3d models (characters and props) creation.
Nine years of the successfull work in the 3d industry allowed me to form the complex of the skills:
- As an art-outsource manager I have worked on the 9 different projects in different styles for 3 years. Responsibilities: time-management, coordination between the 2d and 3d departments, management and coordination of the pipeline stages, conversation with clients and contractors.
- Practical experience in lead 3d artist position about 2 years. In this position I had the opportunity to manage the team of six 3d artists. It was a great chance for me to develop the production pipeline, and to effectively solve many technical and art tasks. Responsibilities: create high level characters and assets, check and support the quality level in my team of the 3d artist, check that assets will be done in time.
- Three years of direct 3d modeling practice allowed me to develop the sense of the quality level and exercise the artistic eye.
- Three years of animating practice gave me a chance to develop and polish my animation (and rigging) pipeline, motivated me to practive in MEL and Python programming in order to automate repetitive tasks in Maya.
All this skills gave me the good understanding of the quality levels, style direction (realistic, stylized and all in-between), the overall pipeline for the game development.
Experience (companies and positions):
Till now – 2015: 3D animator (‘Wizarlabs’, 1 year 10 months).
Characters and objects animation in different levels of complexity. Programming experience for pipeline automatization.
2012 – 2014: Art outsource manager (‘Trace studio’, 2 years).
Experience of the managing the teams of 2D, 3D artists and animators. Successfull leading of 9 different projects in the positions: Art director and Art outsource manager.
2012: Lead 3D artist, 3D animator(‘Trace studio’, 1 year).
Professional experience of the work on the projects in different complexity levels, including title in AAA game. The beginning of the 3D animation experience: creation of the animations for the issued games.
2010 – 2012: Lead 3D artist (‘Sperasoft’, 1.5 years).
At this period I developed the instrumental and professional skills for increasing of the personal effectiveness and productivity of my team. Successfull managing experience on the AAA-project ‘Star Wars: The Old Republic’
2008-2010: 3D artist (Sperasoft, 1.5 года).
Fast professional growth from the beginner to the specialist level. Successful
• Animation – Maya, 3ds Max
• Rig, setup – Maya
• 3D-modeling – ZBrush, Maya, 3ds Max
• Texturing – Photoshop, 3d coat, Bodypaint, Substance designer, Substance painter
• Programming for Maya – Mel,Python
• Guiding of the team of 3-10 employees
• Prioritization, clear formulation and distribution of the tasks in the team.
• Coordination, optimization and automatization of the pipeline.